Saturday, January 5, 2008

San Diego, CA - Half Way

We're pretty much half way through our stint here in San Diego, and so far it's been a ball. A great city with an awesome night life, we got to ring in the New Year in the Gas Lamp district at a pretty crazy bar. It was raucous and fun-filled like any party should be. In fact, only one fight broke out at the bar! We, of course, were all safe....The following day, most of the cast went on over to the San Diego Zoo. We spent most of the day there and took in all the animals, including the baby panda in the morning. I have to say that it was surprising to see no giraffes there. What's a zoo without a giraffe?!
Anyways, after three shows, the audiences have been great and everyone is healthy and happy. The weather has been 70 and sunny for the most part, although it's supposed to rain this weekend. Tomorrow and Sunday, we have two shows each day. The theater is throwing the cast a little barbecue between shows tomorrow. They do it for every tour that comes through. It's pretty neat to look backstage and see all the plaques they have hanging on the walls of all the shows that have been through the house since 1995.
Also, on a more personal note (and I know my brother will appreciate this), I got to stand backstage with Ted before the second act singing "Renegade" from Styx and talked about how Ted knows Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw. I'm a nerd, I know, but that was a pretty fun moment for me. Alright, more to come of San Diego on Monday next week. Until then, come see the show if you're in the area! We'll be rolling out on Monday to Arcata, CA.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

The giraffes are all over at the Wild Animal park. I have a ticket for Saturday, God-willin' & the cricks don't rise, hoping that the rain will stop. Hope to meet you. If not, see you in Orange County. And you are not a nerd. Dennis DeYoung played Pilate when I saw the show in the 90's. Wednesday's show was wonderful.
Allyson

Anonymous said...

Hey Evan,
I had a feeling you would have a great time in the Gaslamp. What bar were you in on New Years Eve?
The zoo has always had giraffes, they are in an odd place and easy to miss them. We have a lot of them at the Wild Animal Park. They roam free in an area like Africa. It's beautiful.
I don't think having an opportunity to sing with Ted is being a nerd. I hope someone took a picture or filmed it for you.
Well my son and I will be there Sunday. Hope to meet you. Also going to Costa Mesa on the 12th.

Allyson said...

Evan,
It was great meeting you tonight!
The show was amazing. You guys sound so great. And Ted. Oh my. He out did himself. Please give him a hug for me! See you in Orange County.
Love, Allyson