Sunday, December 23, 2007

Seattle!

First off, this town is awesome. I think I would move here if I ever moved west permanently. Great city, and so far the crowds have been ridiculous (in a good way, of course). Teddy was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday, and almost had to call out for the matinee, but being the consumate performer, Ted made his best efforts and at the last minute, came to the theater in rockstar fashion and blew the show out of the water. Corey has received a lot of love from the audiences here as well, and well-deserved might I add. The theater here has the best sound we've experienced so far, adding to my personal enjoyment of our current stint.
The cast also closed out our Secret Santa extravaganza last night at our hotel, giving out the last of our gifts and revealing who we all were. The gifts ranged from liqour to magazine subscriptions and all were in good fun. One of our priests in the show (Thomas), et al., put together a journal of everyone's musings about Ted, for Ted, and it really came out quite well. It was a blast last night, so spirits are high, and the tour goes on!

3 comments:

Allyson said...

I hope Ted feels better soon. Looking forward to San Diego & Orange County. Thanks Evan, for the updates.
Love & healthy vocal cords,
Allyson

Mary said...

Evan,
Thanks so much for your wonderful blog. It makes me feel like I'm on the road with all of you. Sorry to hear that Ted was feeling under the weather. Please let him know that he's in my prayers (as are all of you) this holiday season. Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year. Looking forward to seeing you all in St Louis in February!
Love and Prayers,
Mary Fischer

azgirl said...

I would like to comment on the show which my husband and I saw Sunday evening in Tempe, Arizona.
Though I initially was very excited to see the show, we left very disappointed. Who in the world really thinks that Neeley is capable of still playing this part?
He is at least thirty to 40 years older than Jesus was and his screeching voice was very irritating and upsetting. If the real Jesus left half as bad an impression on the crowds that followed him, there would never be a Super Star Show.
He needs to be replaced.